Sweet potatoes (aka yams) are my ingredient of the week, and Baked Sweet Potato Fries are a simple and healthy snack for any time. The more bright happy colors in your diet, the better! I adore sweet potato fries at local restaurants of course, but it’s much healthier to bake them, cheaper to make at home, and you can have as many as you want with whatever spices you like. Rosemary is my favorite! Cooking for a little less time makes them softer, or more time makes them crisper.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (yams), peeled
- 2 Tbsp oil (avocado oil is great)
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- Salt to taste
- Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with parchment paper or foil. Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice sweet potatoes into thick cut fries, then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle oil over fries and toss to coat. Spread fries out on the baking sheet.
- Crush rosemary - use a mortar and pestle or just crush with your fingers - and sprinkle rosemary and salt over fries.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes depending on how well done you like them.